The Slog is an admirable blog and therefore extremely popular and, I hope, influential with 3.080,195 visitors since January 2010.
In today’s post he points out MEDIA HIJACK: the spinning wheel accelerates – a brilliant analysis once again with superb wording.
When I came to London in 1981 with the vision of a peace network of people and computers protecting our planet, I used a press clipping service to become familiar with ‘the scene’. I noticed how the same articles were printed all over again.
Now I know who produces them: spin doctors. But now we have bloggers to counteract their opinion shaping and and Twitter to set other trends than the mainstream media.
In that spirit, we are organising Mind the Gaps: between Online and Mainstream Media, Government and Public – to produce a video for online viewing – with the ‘Slogger’ as panellist, sponsored by John Hemming MP and Austin Mitchell MP – next Tuesday, 15th January at the House of Commons.
- EVENT: Child Snatching is one of Seven Deadly Syndromes and Seven Media Cover-Ups: House of Commons, Jan. 15th (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- McKenzie Friends @ the House of Commons – as Public Interest Advocates (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- Mind the Gap: between Mainstream Media (paid) and Social Media (voluntary) (victims-unite.net)
- MEDIA HIJACK: The spinning wheel accelerates (thepressnet.com)
- Pilgrims Society: the secret bond for Anglo-Saxon control of capitalism as ‘fake democracy’ (wewhoopposedeception.wordpress.com)
- Government facing accusations of spin and whitewash after publishing ‘audit’ of its time in power (independent.co.uk)
- Alex Salmond ordered to reveal the contents of his former spin doctor’s diary (dailyrecord.co.uk)